China Visa Types

Document Authentication

The Chinese Embassy and Consulates authenticate documents that are executed in the United States and will be used in China. Type of documents include: birth/death certificates, power of attorney, marriage certificates, diplomas, adoption application papers, Single Status Affidavit, business licenses, etc.

1Notarize your documents

All non-government issued documents must be notarized by a local notary public, including power of attorney, adoption papers, single status affidavit, etc. For government issued documents, such as birth/death certificate, marriage certificate, business license, go to Step 2.

2Get your documents certified by the Secretary of State's office

All documents must be certified by the Secretary of State’s office in the state where the document was issued.

3Get your documents authenticated by US Department of State through CVSC

Documents issued in certain states must be authenticated by the US Department of State after certification by local secretary of state’s office. These states include Washington DC, Delaware, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia and Wyoming. CVSC can help with this process for a fee.

4Get your documents authenticated by Chinese Embassy/Consulates

After certification by the Secretary of State’s office and/or the US Department of State, your documents can be authenticated by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate that holds consular jurisdiction over the state where the document is certified.

5Place your order and get detailed instructions and application form

To apply, please Place Your Order here to view detailed instructions, including how to prepare your documents, what forms to fill out and relevant processing fees. All instructions must be strictly followed when preparing the China Visa documents.