The China crew visa is issued to people arriving as crew on international planes, ships or trains. This process should be completed via your employer. You will need a letter of guarantee issued by the foreign transport company or the invitation letter issued by the relevant entity from China
PassportYou must provide your actual signed passport, including one copy of the personal information page of your passport. Your passport must:
- Must be valid for 66-120 months if requesting a 5 year visa. Passports with less than 66 months validity will get a shorter duration visa as set by the Consulate
All visa validity is granted at the Consulate's discretion. 5 year validity is not guaranteed.
- Be valid for the next six months
- Contain at least two blank visa pages for the visa stamp (amendments and endorsement pages cannot be used to fulfill this requirement)
- If requesting multiple entries, the passport must contain at least two blank facing visa pages, there can be no stamps or amendment endorsement type on the pages
- Not be frayed, torn, separating, or altered in any other way
If your passport does not meet these requirements, please contact China Visa Service Center at 1-800-799-6560 for further details.
The Chinese Consulate requires a photograph that meets very strict requirements. We strongly recommend that you submit your photograph electronically to China Visa Service Center so we can ensure it meets the stringent characteristics mandated by the Chinese Consulate. Follow https://www.mychinavisa.com/photo-service to upload your photo.
All electronic photo submissions must be taken within the last six months against an all-white background. It must show a full frontal view of your head, face centered in the middle, the tops of your shoulders, and display a neutral (non-smiling) expression with eyes open, mouth closed, and ears visible. No background light or shadows are permitted. You may not wear eyeglasses, jewelry, or headwear except for religious purposes. Do not wear a white shirt.
Should you elect to submit an actual photograph then it must meet all of the above criteria and:
- Be exactly 48 mm tall by 33 mm wide
- Be printed on high-quality photo paper
- Not be affixed to your application, with no evidence of adhesive tape or staples
Note that most passport photo vendors produce photos that are 2 inches by 2 inches and are not acceptable. China Visa Service Center cannot submit applications with incorrectly formatted photographs.
- Must not be taken in uniform
- Must be taken with a neutral expression, no smiling
Business Cover LetterA Business Cover Letter issued by China Visa Service Center is included in this kit.You are required to provide a Business Cover Letter from your U.S.-based company. All letters must be printed on company letterhead that displays a U.S. mailing address. Use the included sample Business Cover Letter to complete your letter.A Business Introduction Letter issued by American Airlines DFW is included in this kit.A Business Introduction Letter issued by American Airlines must be provided.
Proof of State Residency
You must provide a proof of your current address of residency. These documents must include both a copy of the front of your driver's license or government ID and your most recent utility bill. The documents must:
- Display your name as it appears on your passport
- Display the current residence address as provided on your visa application
Please note, when submitting a utility bill the consulate requires electric, gas, or a water bill; phone and cable bills are not accepted.
China Visa Service Center Order FormYou must provide one completed China Visa Service Center Order Form.
Provide the China Visa Service Center Order Form included in this kit.
Visa Application FormYou must provide one fully completed copy of the visa application form found in this kit. The application form must:
- Be typed (no handwritten forms will be accepted)
- Be printed single-sided
- Include answers for all fields
- Display your full name as it appears in your passport
- Be signed
- Be printed and enclosed with all other documents in your visa application kit
China Visa Service Center provides a guide to assist you in completing the application. To access the guide follow this link: https://www.mychinavisa.com/forms?formname=China Application Guide.pdf or type the address into your browser.
You must provide a copy of the travel record form included in this kit. The form must:
- Include all countries that you have visited in the last 14 days
- Be signed
- Include entry/exit dates of each travel
Applicants must provide the Health Declaration Form which can be found within the China Visa Service Center Application kit.
Former PRC Nationals or Individuals Born in Chinese Territories
If you are a former PRC passport holder or were born in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, or Macau:
- You must write your name in Chinese characters for question 1.2 on the visa application form
- You must provide a copy of your most recent China visa and a copy of the passport in which the visa was issued
- If you have never been issued a China visa you must submit your original China passport and a copy of your Green Card, and a copy of your Naturalization Certificate
- If you were adopted from China you must also include a copy of your adoption papers showing adoptive parents names, name change, and photo with parents (do not include the original papers). If applicable, include a copy of your naturalization certificate and U.S. birth certificate.
You must provide a letter of authorization found in this kit, authorizing China Visa Service Center to submit and collect your visa application and documents on your behalf.
Copy of Front and Back of Airline Crew IdentificationYou must provide a copy of the front and back of your airline crew identification badge.
A letter of introduction from Delta Air Lines. Please complete the attached letter:
- This letter is located in this information, scroll down
- You must fill in your name, employee number and date
- DO NOT alter the language of the letter in any way
Copy of your Driver's LicenseYou must provide a photocopy of your driver's license. The home address you provide on the visa application form must match the address displayed on your driver's license.
One signed copy of the attached visa application form. The application must:
- Be typed and list the name of the traveler exactly as it is written in the passport
The application has been modified for you. No handwritten forms will be accepted.
Delta Bases RequirementVisas are allowed by Delta for Flight Attendants in the following bases: Atlanta, Detroit, Seattle and Los Angeles.
Flight Attendants based at locations outside of the approved list are allowed to apply but will need to cover the cost on their personal credit cards.
If you are intending to acquire a Chinese tourist visa for personal travel STOP and contact CIBT at 1-800-361-6107 and request a Chinese Tourist application kit. When completing the application, ONLY request a single or double entry visa, DO NOT request a multi-entry visa. The Chinese will only permit one multi-entry visa in a passport.If you intend to acquire a Chinese tourist visa, it will cancel your current crew visa.
U.S. Citizens Born in Certain CountriesU.S. citizens born in Afghanistan, Cameroon, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia, Turkey, or Syria who are currently traveling to China with their American passport will need to make a personal appearance in order to apply for a visa to China. China Visa Service Center will be unable to assist you with your visa request.
If you have been granted a China visa in the past, you must provide a copy of the most recent issued China visa.
8 Business Days
4 Business Days
Processing time means the time it takes for the Chinese Consulate to process your visa. Please allow extra time for shipping and handling.