Special Chinese Visa Requirements

  • If you were born in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong or Macau, you must fill in your Chinese name in Chinese characters on the Visa Application Form.

  • First time applicants who were born in China must submit original Chinese passport.

  • First time applicants who were born in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau must submit a photocopy of their previous passport.

  • American born children of Chinese descent under the age of 18 must provide copy of birth certificate and copy of parents' passports and green cards when applying for the first time.

  • Children under the age of 18 must provide copy of birth certificate and copies of both parents' passports (main info. page only). For those applying with the Los Angeles consulate, the original birth certificate is required for all first-time applicants under 18 years of age.  A parent or legal guardian must sign the application for children under 18 and fill in all of section 5 on the last page of the form.

  • Non-US passport holders must have valid long term US visa (B1/B2 visas are not accepted) or green card to apply for a Chinese visa in the US. Additional visa requirements for green card holders include sending the ACTUAL green card when applying at our Los Angeles and San Francisco offices, or a photocopy of it when applying in all other offices. For Chicago and Washington DC applicants the green card copy must be notarized.

  • Citizens of certain countries, such as France, Turkey, Nigeria, are required to apply in person at the Chinese Embassy/Consulates. This list can change at any time.  If the consulate requests  in-person appearance our agents will inform you right away.

    All non-US passport holders applying with our Los Angeles office must include a notarized letter stating you currently live in the USA as part of the Chinese visa application requirements.  Your physical address, date of birth, and passport number must be included in this letter.   



Need Assistance?

Our team is at your service to help you with your passport and visa issues, or to answer any related questions


You can also find answers to frequently asked questions on our FAQ page